Not long now until we once again all settle down to welcome Santa!
Are you ready, or do you need countdown of things to finish off?
Things you can do early to take the pressure off:
- Download the Norad Santa Tracker app which will keep your little ones busy and full of magic all day on Christmas Eve. (It also helps to check that they are asleep before Santa arrives as we all know he won’t stop if they are awake). http://www.noradsanta.org/ You can use the browser version or download from the main site for either android or iphone.
- Arrange for your Christmas shopping delivery to come to you (although you usually have to have a slot by now, if you’ve missed out make a note for next year). Who wants to wear themself out in a busy supermarket with a fully laden trolly when it can be delivered to your door? It also helps with budgeting as I always spend twice as much if I go into the store. Make sure your delivery isn’t right before Christmas, give yourself a chance to pick up last minute items if they don’t arrive.
- Wrap presents as soon as you can after they arrive as not only does this cut down on the chance that they will be discovered but it can be less fun if you have mount everest of presents to wrap and it takes you hour after hour.
- Make sure you have a list of everything that you need to take with you (if you are going away for Christmas) as noone wants any stockings left behind! If you are home for Christmas make lists of the food and meals so you know where you are.
- Scour the TV Guide for Christmas movies and set them to record. YOU WILL NEED THEM!
There are way more Christmas tips but these are the ones I am working on at the moment. 🙂 As busy mums we’ve been working away at Christmas for months and we will soon see the fruits of our labour.
Do you have any useful advice for the festive mayhem?
Thank you for reading,